Friday, April 18, 2008

He's in Love With a Stripper

This was my second assignment that I just turned in, in my dramatic writing class. Jacob, my TA, gave good reviews and thought that I should expand on it and make into a short play. Who knows...maybe I will.

He's in Love With a Stripper

Her name was Amelia Cassack. But everyone at work called her Cassie. Largely in part because she didn’t want anyone to know her real name. In her line of work this type of consideration was essential to her safety. She was 20 and gorgeous, therefore using her looks to pay her way through school.

His name was Stephen Lerner. He has just turned 21 and has never been to a strip club. His four best friends thinking this to be the most ridiculous thing ever, decided to surprise him for his birthday. They brought him to a strip club, got him drunk, and then bought him a lap dance (in that order).

(Stephen nervously taps right foot simultaneously tapping his left hand on his left knee to opposite rhythms. Amelia walks in wearing a red see through type of nightgown, black patent high heeled boots that went up to her knees, a black thong, and black lacy bra. Stephen stands now tapping his left hand on his side, faster.)

Amelia
(She drops her purse of cash in the corner of the room.)
Hey there big boy.

Stephen
Hi.
(Still tapping his hand, and obviously nervous.)

Amelia
Why don’t you have a seat?
(She’s turned around adjusting her bra, and then bends over to adjust her boots.)

Stephen
(He stops moving altogether when she bends over.)
Okay.
(He doesn’t sit down.)

Amelia
(She turns around.)
Did you want me to give you a lap dance standing up?

Stephen
What?
(He begins nervously tapping his hand again.)

Amelia
(Walks up close to him, and grabs his hand to make it stop. She whispers in his ear.)
You should sit down.
(He does.)

Stephen
Hi. I’m Stephen.
(He extends his hand to Amelia for a handshake. She ignores it.)

Amelia
(Giggles)
I’m going to turn the music on now. And remember you can look, but you can’t touch. Unless, of course, I ask you to. Got it?

Stephen
(Nods a little too quickly)
Okay.

Amelia
(She flips a switch that turns on the music and a series of rotating disco balls.)
You ready for me big boy?

Stephen
Uh…yeah…uh…huh…
(He has been nodding the whole time.)

Amelia
First time?
(Amelia is bending over in front of Stephen, looking at him from between her legs, she slowly rises and begins to take off the red see through nightgown slowly.)

Stephen
Uh…yeah… I mean…
(clears his throat)
naw… I uh…yeah…
(He just leans back and stares.)

Amelia
(With her nightgown off she walks toward him, and with one leg up, and about to straddle him, she suddenly stops)
Do I…know you?

Stephen
(Leans forward to get a better look at her)
OH SHIT! AMY???

Amelia
OH MY FUCKING…WHAT THE FUCK?!
(She gathers her clothing of the floor and tries to cover herself up with her see through nightgown)

Stephen
Oh my God! How are you?! Give me a hug!
(He stands with his arms open, but is stumbling drunk.)

Amelia
You have got to be fucking shitting me. You’re so fucking drunk.
(She turns off the music and lights)

Stephen

It’s my birthday! What are you doing here anyway? Whoa…I’m gonna need to sit down again.

Amelia
Um. I work here. I almost gave you a lap dance remember?
(She motions toward her outfit)

Stephen
Oh yeah! You got fucking hot!
(He says with a big smile on his face.)

Amelia
(She steps closer toward him.)
Look Stephen, I’d rather if you not say anything about me working here. And if you not tell anyone here my name’s Amelia. If anyone asks, it’s Cassie okay?

Stephen
Of course, anything for an old friend. Now how about that hug?
(He opens his arms up again.)

Amelia
Stephen, I can’t. I’m sorry. I have to go.
(She leaves.)

Stephen
Now why does that sound so familiar?
(He grabs his jacket, and uses as it as blanket to take a nap.)

No comments: