Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Note to Self. Two.

I would normally hand write this in a journal, add it to the document on my laptop with everything I have ever blogged, then paste it on here. But alas I lack all my materials for said ritual. Thus I am forced to type as quitely as possible in my sister's guestroom while simultaneously attempting to not wake her sleeping children.

Anyway...

The people I have chosen to be in my life are everything to me. I choose to love them, support them, entertain them and forgive them unconditionally. Of course when you care about people so much, many times it's going to hurt a lot. When people leave, when they make mistakes, when they worry the hell out of you, it (for lack of a less favorite phrase) sucks. And then they come back to you, or you come back to them, and everything feels the way it always had, if not better. And that's the thing about reunions, more important than catching up is the remembering. Looking back on the stories of ditching class to go to the grand opening of Hollister in high school, or friends not being able to make "Easy Mac," or driving around your undergraduate college shooting nerf guns at each other, or seeing your roommate passed out on the couch with his laptop next to his face and his hand still on the keyboard.

Life is ridiculously hard. But sometimes life is just ridiculous. Maybe it's to offset the difficulty. Or maybe it's just because I have insanely amazing people in my life. Either way, try to live for the simply ridiculous. You'll smile more, I promise.

No comments: